Terms and conditions for the use of UCAStv,
including downloading videos
1. This is a legal agreement between you and The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
2. Embedding and downloading videos
- By downloading any video from www.ucas.tv ("the website") the user ("you") is deemed to consent to all terms and conditions set out below. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions, you should contact the Company Secretary at UCAS.
- UCAS reserves the right at all times to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of these terms and conditions. By embedding or downloading a video you accept that you are bound by the current terms and conditions and notices. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions each time you revisit the site as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the website after the variation has been posted.
- UCAS permits you to embed videos onto web pages using the code provided at www.ucas.tv.
- UCAS permits you to download videos onto a PC, laptop or other device which is not connected to a network for personal use and training purposes in schools, colleges and other FE institutions only.
- The current draft of these terms and conditions was adopted and published on 9 September 2011.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on the website are either owned by UCAS or have been licensed to UCAS by the rights owners. The website contains trademarks which belong to UCAS or which have been licensed to UCAS by the trademark owners, for use on the website. Your use of these trademarks is forbidden unless prior written permission has been obtained from the trademark owner.
- You may access any part of the website and download or copy material (by printing off individual pages onto paper) or download material on to disk (but not on to any server or other device connected to a network) for personal non-commercial use only. The intellectual property rights in such material shall be retained by UCAS or, where the material has been licensed to UCAS, by the owners of the rights in the material.
- Links to the website from within a frameset definition are not permitted except with prior written permission.
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark or intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material downloaded or copied from the website.
- Copying, distributing or any use of the material contained on the website for any commercial purpose is prohibited.
- You may not create a database by systematically downloading substantial parts of the website.
- UCAS has taken care to ensure that the information on website is correct. However, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and UCAS does not accept any liability for error or omission. UCAS is not responsible for how the information is used, how it is interpreted or what reliance is placed on it. We do not guarantee that the information on www.ucas.tv is fit for any particular purpose.
- The content of the website is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. UCAS has done its best to ensure the accuracy and currency of the materials contained on its website but to the fullest extent permitted by law excludes any warranty, whether express or implied, by statute at common law or otherwise, relating to the website and the material contained on the website, in particular (but without limitation of the above), UCAS gives no warranties as to quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the website or of the material contained in it.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law UCAS will not be liable for any claims, costs, penalties, loss (whether direct, indirect or consequential and whether economic or special loss), damages or expenses arising from the use or from the inability to use the website or from reliance on information or on advice contained on the website or from any unauthorised access or alteration to the website by a third party.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude liability for death or personal injury directly caused by the negligence of UCAS nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- UCAS will try to make the website available but cannot guarantee that the website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website and in particular you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device. You are also advised to use the appropriate antivirus software before and during access to the website.
- The website includes links to external websites. These links are provided to help you find additional information quickly and easily. UCAS accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites and specifically excludes (to the fullest extent permitted by law) all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
- Whilst the website may from time to time contain advertising material, UCAS does not endorse or accept any liability for any of the products or services so advertised, or for any error or inaccuracy in the advertisements. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the website complies with all relevant laws.
- These terms are not intended to confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to UCAS.
- UCAS reserves the right, at any time, to suspend or terminate your access to, or use of, the website.
- UCAS will always seek criminal prosecution of any individual who or organisation which seeks to use UCAS' name, material, logos or trademarks for unlawful purposes and, where appropriate, will take action within the civil courts of any applicable jurisdiction against any individual or organisation discovered to be using UCAS' name, logos, trademarks or the website for unauthorised or unlawful purposes.
- These terms & conditions of use shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with English law. The courts of England shall subject as set out in clause 5f have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising there from
- For the exclusive benefit of UCAS, UCAS shall retain the right to bring proceedings in the Courts of the country of residence of any user of the website.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- The failure by UCAS to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The website is provided to support the work of the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). UCAS, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and a registered charity, also owns and manages the website.